Online Billing and Payment Service Enrollment Eligibility
Most active customers in current payment
status will be eligible to enroll.
Customers ineligible to enroll include those customers
- Have a past due balance.
- Are current automatic bank draft customers.
- Are paying a final bill.
- Have an account in inactive status.
- Have a billing statement that does not have
a previous or present reading to bill from &
- Current EPWU Customer that successfully enroll
in the E-Bill program should be able to view
their most recent billing statement immediately.
- New Customers will be eligible to enroll into
E-Bill after receiving their 1st paper billing
statement in the regular mail.
- Customer will cease to receive paper billing
statements after they are activated as an ebill
Availability of Bills
- E-Bills will be made available at the same
time that the actual paper bills are being mailed
out with their regular cycle billing.
- E-Bills will continue to be available as long
as the customer remains in current status.
- If the customer becomes delinquent, the E-bill
will not be available for viewing and a paper
bill will be sent by regular mail. Once the
account is brought to current status, E-Bills
will be viewable after the following months
- All delinquent notices (DUN 1 & DUN2 notices)
will continue to be sent by regular mail in
the event the customer becomes delinquent.
Billing and Payment
- Payment of the monthly service charges are
due 14 days after the date of billing. If payment
is not posted by the 14th day, a termination
notice will be generated on the 15th day and
mailed to the customer through regular mail,
allowing an additional 7 days from the billing
due date. Services will be scheduled for disconnection
the following work day unless the billed amount
has been paid.
- When scheduling the payment through E-Bill,
CheckFree will default the scheduled payment
date to the billing due date. CheckFree will
begin processing the payment within 48 hours
of that the scheduled payment date.
- The customer may change the scheduled payment
date. However, if the customer wants the payment
to be received before the due date, the customer
must schedule the payment at least 4 working
days prior to the due date.
Bill Payment Scheduling
- Bill Payments begin processing two (2) Business
Days prior to your Scheduled Payment Date. Therefore,
the application will not permit you to select
a Scheduled Payment Date less than two (2) Business
Days from the current date. When scheduling
Bill Payments, you must select a Scheduled Payment
Date that is no later than the actual Due Date
reflected on your Payee statement unless the
Due Date falls on a non-Business Day; if the
actual Due Date falls on a non-Business Day,
you must select a Scheduled Payment Date that
is at least one (1) Business Day before the
actual Due Date. Scheduled Payment Dates should
be prior to any late date or grace period. In
certain rare situations, a Bill Payment may
take four (4) Business Days to be processed,
in which case the Service will notify you within
the application. (See CheckFree's Terms and
Agreements for further inforomation
- If the payment is scheduled less than 4 days
prior to the due date, the account may be subject
to disconnection. The customer must call El
Paso Water Utilities Customer Service and notify
a Customer Service Representative of the scheduled
payment to avoid the disruption of water service.
NEW INFO FOR 2012:
- A charge of $12.00 per $100 of the delinquent amount or any part thereof will be assessed when the "past due" amount of a bill is not paid before a Field Service Worker is dispatched to disconnect the service for non-payment. If payment is made at the service location prior to the service being disconnected, no other charge shall be made. If service is turned off for non-payment, an additional charge of $20.00 will be made to restore the service if the service is restored or the request to restore service is received between 7:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. on a normal working day. A charge of $25.00 will be made for restoration of service under all other circumstances. In the event that service is not restored until after the customer's bill has been finaled out, a new guarantee deposit and customer account fee must be paid.
- A disconnection charge of $3.00 per dwelling or business unit, in addition to the charges stated above, will be assessed when the service connection provides water to a building or buildings occupied by two or more individuals, families, or businesses who receive water service from one metered connection. Said special charge, in addition to any delinquent amount or other delinquency charges shall be paid prior to the restoration of service to the premises.
- A separate charge of $100.00 will be made when water service to a property restored by someone other than an authorized representative of the EL PASO WATER UTILITIES.
- A charge of $25.00 will be added to each customer's account that is affected when the customer makes payment by check and said check had been returned for insufficient funds or other by financial institution.
If a customer needs a payment researched, they
may contact El Paso Water Utilities Customer Service by e-mail at email@example.com or for assistance by phone at (915) 594-5500.
The CSR will research any and all information for the customer. If the issue
cannot be resolved within Customer Service,
the CSR will forward the inquiry to CheckFree
via their immediate supervisor, who will issued
a case to CheckFree for resolution.