Residential Properties: (Including duplexes and triplexes)
*Impervious area refers to the ground floor of the house, garages, porches, patios, and any additional buildings, storage sheds, or other areas that cannot be penetrated by rain. It does not include driveways, sidewalks, turf or xeriscaped areas. Residential customers can find the square footage of their property at the El Paso Central Appraisal District website.
||1-1,200 sq. ft.
||1,201-3,000 sq. ft.
||3,001 sq. ft. +
Apartment units with meters classified as residential are billed individually based on the unit size per residential category (small, typical or large). If the building has two or more stories, the charge is divided among the number of units sharing the same footprint.
Non-residential properties include apartment buildings, commercial and industrial customers, and any other customer class not designated as residential, but excluding those subject to mandatory exemption. These properties are charged according to the amount of impervious area, including buildings, paved parking lots and other areas that are impermeable to rainwater. Impervious surfaces in general are land areas that are not vegetated, do not support vegetation and are hardened surfaces designed to sustain heavy loads such as automobile storage and traffic.
||Each 2,000 sq. ft. Impervious Area
The following entities are exempt from stormwater charges:
- Housing Authority of the City of El Paso
- Independent school districts
- Federal or state agencies
- Public institutions of higher education
- Undeveloped lots
- Agricultural land
A nonprofit agency that meets the following criteria will be billed 10 percent of the nonresidential stormwater charge.
- It is a non-residential stormwater customer in the City of El Paso, Texas.
- It is classified as a 501(C)(3), 501(C)(4), 501(C)(19) or 501(C)(23) agency per IRS regulations.
- The completed Verification of Eligibility for Nonprofit Rate form and requested documentation have been submitted to El Paso Water Utilities.
Customers must apply by submitting a Verification of Eligibility for Non-Profit Rate form along with the requested documentation. The form can be downloaded here or obtained at the Customer Service Center located at 6400 Boeing Drive. Call the Customer Service Center at 594-5500 to have the form mailed or faxed.
The completed form and documentation can be mailed, hand-delivered, faxed, or sent by email to the Customer Service Center. The reduced charge will be in effect within 30 days of receiving the completed application.
For more information contact Customer Service at (915) 594-5500.
Stormwater Pond Credit (non-residential)
Non-residential properties that meet the following criteria qualify for a 25 percent credit.
- The stormwater charges are being billed to a non-residential stormwater customer in the City of El Paso, Texas.
- The stormwater charges are being billed to a property that has an on-site stormwater pond that meets minimum design standards established by the City.
- The on-site stormwater pond is being maintained.
- The completed Verification of Eligibility for On-Site Stormwater Pond Credit form has been submitted to El Paso Water Utilities.
Customers must apply for the credit by completing the Verification of Eligibility for On-site Stormwater Pond Credit form. The form can be downloaded here or obtained at the Customer Service Center located at 6400 Boeing Drive. Call 594-5500 to have the form mailed or faxed.
The completed form can be mailed, hand-delivered, faxed, or sent by email to the Customer Service Center. Within 30 days of receiving the completed application and verification that the pond is properly designed and maintained, a 25 percent credit will be applied to the monthly stormwater bill. The credit will remain in effect as long the customer meets the eligibility criteria.